Data & Interoperability
The UnitVisID Registry is a centralized data repository at the heart of the UnitVisID Alliance's approach.
- The source of truth for all aspects of an item’s characteristics and history
- The central database that all members can access to create new serialized items, log events, and view an item's history.
- A cloud platform accessible from anywhere in the world either by human or machine users
Unit-of-use pharmaceuticals have had barcodes, and even serial numbers, to one degree or another for years. But printed unit-of-use labels are limited to a finite amount of information known at the time of printing. A dynamic pharmaceutical product record in the UnitVisID Registry can hold an infinite number of attributes, including ones that didn’t exist during manufacturing or which have since changed, such as refrigeration BUDs and recall statuses.
Architected as a high-availability cloud platform with access APIs and a standard object models, the UnitVisID Registry enable frictionless integration and usage with other systems.
Interoperable with GTIN, SGTIN, DSCSA, Blockchain, & Other Standards
The UnitVisID Registry can store and surface related item data such as:
- Standardized pharmaceutical attributes, including NDC, Lot Number, and Expiration Date
- GTIN-14, SGTIN, and other identifiers from major standards bodies at both item and outer package levels
- DSCSA serial number from saleable-unit parent
- Blockchain transaction addresses, block IDs, and hashes
It can also handle items not covered by these approaches, such as items compounded in a hospital that don't have an NDC.
Interoperable with Hospital Technology and Automation Systems
- API endpoints for easy integration to lookup item history and record new events
- Specification object & event models
Interoperable with Label Converters
- API endpoints for easy item registration
Object & Event Data
At the heart of the UnitVisID Registry is Object and Event Data for each and every serialized item. From item registration during the manufacturing or compounding process, through decommissioning after a medication is administered to a patient, the Registry maintains a dynamic and real-time collection of information about each item that can easily be retrieved and/or updated.
Integrated partner systems can look up items with which they're interacting with and retrieve data to enable richer, safer, and more efficient workflows. These systems are also expected to contribute key object and event data back into the Registry. That participation and behavior is what enables interoperability for the hospital customer across their systems.
Object data for pharmaceutical products can include:
- Item Data — Unit-of-use Serial Number, EPC, DSCSA Serial Number
- Product Data — NDC, Manufacturer, Pharmaceutical, Concentration, Package Size & Type
- Batch Data — Lot Number, Expiration Date, Compound Date
- Post-manufacturing Data — Beyond Use Dates and other date-based attributes
The UnitVisID Registry also supports other types of objects such as Accounts (IDNs, Hospitals, UnitVisID Alliance Members), Organizations, Users, and Reference objects (hardware/enclosures).
Event Data includes:
- Event Types: create, scan, decommission, other actions
- Event Metadata: reasons, cGMP flags, user, account, timestamp, related reference objects