For Label Converters
RFID labels for pharmaceutical uses has stabilized thanks to UnitVisID. Early incarnations, sometimes using HF (high-frequency) tags, were often at the unit of sale (carton) level and primarily for supply chain purposes. The creation of UnitVisID Certified systems changed that and as a result, serialized unit-of-use RFID labels are now being produced by the hundreds of millions each year. The UnitVisID Alliance’s approach is designed to entrust the most capable party, the label converter, with the most difficult aspects of quality control. In exchange, a UnitVisID Certified Label Converter becomes a trusted vendor, ready to bid on upcoming RFID tagging projects in the pharmaceutical ecosystem knowing their time-to-market and end quality will be best-in-class.
UnitVisID Alliance certification means the pharmaceutical manufacturer can launch products faster.
Certified inlays take the guesswork out of picking the right tool for the job.
Defined pre-encoded EPC formats simplify serialization.
Requirements for Label Converters
A label converter may be designated as a UnitVisID Certified Label Converter and market Certified label products to pharmaceutical companies by meeting the requirements set forth in the UnitVisID program, which include:
- Adhering to UnitVisID Specification
- Using a UnitVisID Certified Inlay to create a UnitVisID Certified Product
- Using a UnitVisID Certified Tag Data Format for every UnitVisID Certified Product
- Conducting a 100% Quality Check on finished product
- When appropriate using the correct visual markers
- When appropriate registering in the UnitVisID Registry